Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I need a new pic....

I was just thinking (at 11:34...that's good for me) that I need to put a new pic of me up. I just realized that I look completely different than I used and different than I ever have before. Let's see.....

1) My hair is highlighted - I know, I know that I have had my hair highlighted off and on since I was in high school but now...

2) My hair is the longest it has ever been in my life! Let's see....if I look up I can see my hair so that is pretty long for me. I love it when I wear my hat and my sides and back curl up. It's a new thug look if you will.

3) I have my ears pierced! Uh-oh. Oh, are you ok. That looked like a nasty spill. You should be careful...in um....your chair. Yeah, those things are dangerous. Seriously, I know some of you are probably having a cow. You are thinking, "Drew-you are going straight to hell for that!" Yeah, I guess you could be right about that. But considering Jesus redeems us based on our faith and on HIS GRACE, then I seriously doubt your accusation. But good one though.

This all brings me to a point I would like to make: Why do we care so much about what people look like? Seriously....half of our lives is spent trying to please with our looks. The other half is spent approving or disproving of others' looks. It is a nasty cycle and a huge shame. I have wasted most of my life asking, "What do you think?" when it really doesn't matter what they think. If I am going to be as authentic and "real" as I can be, then I need to focus on being who it is that God wants me to be. And let me tell you, that can be hard enough as it is.

What does God look at, by the way? Does he judge me based on the clothes I wear and the way I wear my hat? Does he look down on me because my hair is long and my ears are pierced? Does he not like people with tattoos? Tell me - what does HE look at? Oh, wait. That's right. He looks at our hearts. He looks at who we are on the inside.

Too bad I don't sometimes. I often judge based on the outside. Maybe that really give meaning to the "being like Christ" thing.

Seems like I have posted on this before.....prolly because I have!


anyways....


No comments: