Thursday, October 28, 2004

According to the survey....

According to the survey from the link I posted in my last post, I have found out who I am supposed to vote for....

That's funny. You thought I was going to tell you who I am going to vote for. (Smile) This is really fun to do.

I will tell you the score....one got 60% and the other got 24%

I have been going back and forth over all the reasons to vote for either candidate. I feel like both have been deceitful in one way or another. And the thing I really hate is how much they play "politics." You would think that at one point, a candidate would quit bad mouthing the other. You are grown men for goodness sake.

I guess what has been really disappointing has been seeing some of the remarks that Bush has made. Not that they are BAD or anything, but why does he feel like he must play this game with Kerry. If Bush is such the Evangelical Christian that everyone makes him out to be, then you would think their wouldn't be any bad mouthing going on. I know, I know....he has to defend himself. Wait. Does he?

Then there is Kerry. He claims to be a Christian as well. Why does he continue to go on with all these remarks. I know some of you may not see such a big deal with it. You may even say that they are just telling the truth. I guess I will just have to disagree with you on this one. It may be truth, but that doesn't give you the right to poke fun and harshly criticize the other candidate.

For example: The Kerry party (maybe Edwards and Kerry might have mentioned something) making the statement about Cheney's daughter's sexual orientation. That was uncalled for.

And: "Sen. Kerry's been in Washington long enough to have taken both sides on just about every issue," Bush quipped to an audience of supporters at the Shrine Auditorium who had paid up to $2,000 each to hear him. - quote from San Francisco Chronicle

These are just examples that are found throughout the campaign.

That is what makes me not want to vote for either one. I wish for once, a politician would not be a .....well, a politician.

Maybe I will vote for the Green Party. On second thought....nah.

Go take the survey.....report back who it says you should vote for...and oh yeah, be honest and unbiased. As if that will happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before I go into my main concern with Kerry being elected I need to first explain what being a "Christian" means to me. I think that word is over used in this country.

To me being a Christian means I have accepted the gift of salvation. In doing so I have "repented" or "agreeded with God about who I am" and then turned from that way of life and death to follow God's way. Christ is my example. I am a "disciple" or student of Christ and try to live my life the way He lived his.

The first thing that strikes me about Christ and the example he set before me is that He was "single minded in his devotion to obeying the will of the Father". This one trait seperates most folks. If you are single minded in your devotion to obeying God's will then the rest of life seems to fall into place pretty quickly. Even who you vote for.

With the issue of abortion man has begun to chip away at the fact that "man is created in the image of God" and that we are no differant than an animal.

With the issue of Marriage they have begun to chip away at a foundational institution that God set in place.

With the issue of homosexual acceptance they are chipping away at sin and mocking God.

My biggest fear is not with these issues but at what I see down the road. As a Christian I must admit that the will of the father is that I make disciples and teach them "all" that God has commanded.

If we allow this moral decay to continue to occur then this #1 earthly mission God has given us is going to begin to be chipped away at. The Bible and Christians will be considered lawbreakers and people who teach hate. I see this as the first step at taking our Bible apart by law.....the Law will be behind this. The law will not protect our rights to witness as God commanded.

If we truly believe that "faith commeth by hearing and hearing by the Word of God" and we truly believe that God commands us to teach/preach all that He commands then we "must" be willing to "take up our cross and follow Jesus".

For some of us it could be the cross of higher taxes, loss of civil rights, loss of jobs, and maybe even loss of life but if that is the Cross Christ ask us to bear to follow him than a true disciple of His will work to the best of his/her ability to defend the right to teach "all" that God commands us to.

I find it rather funny and sad that Hustler magazine's owner is for Kerry. He is for this party because he knows that people with morals are a threat to his livelyhood. He is willing to spend millions to protect his business of smut that he is so proud of. He understands better than most Christians that the "judges" in our highest courts will either uphold morals and stop or limit his business or they will allow moral decay to occur. Flynt knows what he is doing when he cast his ballot. He is looking to the future. I only hope and Pray Christians are as wise as he is. Luke 16 comes to mind
Luke 16


The Parable of the Shrewd Manager

1Jesus told his disciples: "There was a rich man whose manager was accused of wasting his possessions. 2So he called him in and asked him, 'What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your management, because you cannot be manager any longer.'
3"The manager said to himself, 'What shall I do now? My master is taking away my job. I'm not strong enough to dig, and I'm ashamed to beg-- 4I know what I'll do so that, when I lose my job here, people will welcome me into their houses.'
5"So he called in each one of his master's debtors. He asked the first, 'How much do you owe my master?'
6" 'Eight hundred gallons[1] of olive oil,' he replied.
"The manager told him, 'Take your bill, sit down quickly, and make it four hundred.'
7"Then he asked the second, 'And how much do you owe?'
" 'A thousand bushels[2] of wheat,' he replied.
"He told him, 'Take your bill and make it eight hundred.'
8"The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light. 9I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.
10"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?
13"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
14The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. 15He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.