Saturday, October 02, 2004

Election time!!

Election time is here and so are all the politics that go with it. Vote for Kerry, he cares for the working man! Vote for Bush, he has strong Christian morals! Vote for Nader, he's got a cool name!

Seriously, its that time again and I am wondering who I am going to vote for. Oh, you just assumed that I was going to vote for Bush? See what happens when you assume things....you are wrong!

Now you think I am a Kerry lover or Nader freak, don't you? That's not the case either. It's just this year, I am trying to make an informed decision. I want to make sure that my vote is going to the one that I feel is best qualified to be President of the United States.

This is prolly different than most Christians (conservative ones at least) that have already made their mind up to vote for Bush because "He is Pro-Life and against same sex marriage." In their minds, that is all that it takes for them to cast their vote towards him. Which, to be honest, is exactly what I did last election. I voted for Bush because it was the "right" thing to do and because he was "a good Christian guy."

So what has changed for me? Have I gone liberal? (Whatever that means!) Am I now a moderate because I am weighing the options? Nah, not at all. I just think I need to examine the different philosophies of the different parties. I need to examine and study what thier ideas are for the way that the country should be led. And all by the way, I need to examine the candidates themselves to see where they stand on issues. I believe their is an over-stereotyping of the two main parties.

It seems to me - please note that I am not a political expert, nor do I play one on TV - but usually you have people making their votes on two differnt issues. Either you vote for the party that benefits the "working" man or you vote for the Pro-lifer/anti-same sex marriage. You choose either or. OR, maybe that is just where I living.

Now don't get me wrong, the way you choose how to vote is totally up to you and I will not hold it against you. I am just trying to stress a point.

Maybe we should consider the other issues than the ones we hang on to so tightly. For example, why don't those who "scream" pro-life, examine the philosophy of governement and how the government should be operated. Can't we take a break and just weigh all the issues?

Maybe those that "scream" about the working man could stop and consider the morals of the man and his opponent?

I just think that it is time that we break out of the stereotype and start to think outside our political boxes and consider other things. Not to go liberal, nor to go conservative. Maybe its time that we put more thought into the upcoming election.

SO.........

Who am I going to vote for?


Wouldn't you like to know?

2 comments:

Reader Michael said...

Hey Drew,
I don't know if I've ever mentioned Sojourners to you. They have an awesome video up on their website and a lot of information for being more informed that just voting the "Christian issue(s)". check out www.sojo.net

Anonymous said...

[p][url=http://www.uschristiannlouboutinsale.com]christian louboutin us[/url] christianshoesonline . If you are a popular woman,do not miss it . A few of the pumps including the Peep Toe Pumps and Christian Louboutin Suede Red Pumps could be very attractive . This specific explains [url=http://www.chrilouboutinshoessale.com]christian louboutin shoes[/url] to within the bottom-line from your firm since the staff earnings charges are getting up as just as one upshot of this Louboutin shoes . It had been by accident that his signature Christian Louboutin Plat soles [url=http://www.uschristiannlouboutinsale.com]christian louboutin sale us

[/url] started . [url=http://www.chrilouboutinshoessale.com]christian louboutin wedding shoes
[/url] djobs . There isn't any career in places you cannot succeed provided your ambition [url=http://www.chrilouboutinshoessale.com]christian louboutin shoes sale[/url] is aroused . These ladies select wholesale Christian Louboutin shoes . The steps are extremely elegant and valuable with the high heels, playing [url=http://www.uschristiannlouboutinsale.com]discount christian louboutin sale[/url] the city's new melody, to let people listen to the symphony of fashion.[/p]