Sunday, September 26, 2004

I resigned...

Well, tonight has been one tough night. I informed both the church and the youth group that I am resigning, with October 17 being my last Sunday. It was probably the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. The love and support that this church has shown us has been unparralled. It has been great to serve and live here with these people. I know that God has great things in store for them and I pray and hope that my time here will add to the advancement of the kingdom of God.

Whew! Its unbelievable. I can't believe it. This is almost surreal. I am numb. But it was something that I must do.

I have been dealing with depression for such a long time now. This battle has been quiet at times and fierce at other times. It has been a calm battle and an intense battle. Depression, it stinks. Seriously, I hate it. I hate what it does to me. I hate everything that it controls in my life.

But like someone (actually many) have said, I can and will beat it. I have the support of a lovely wife and the support of awesome friends.....and the support of a church. We will prevail - FOR HIS GLORY.

No comments: