Monday, November 22, 2004

well, it wasn't TOO bad

Well, my visit to the dentist was, well, it was interesting. The dentist told me that we could put some stuff on my two cracked teeth but first we must CLEAN THEM! I was really nervous considering this would be my first time for this dangerous and daring procedure. But I worked up enough courage to proceed with every caution.

First they brought out this motarized instrument and stuck it in my mouth. I must say that it was scary and dangerous, but I hung in there....barely. It was an experience, to say the least. She dug around on my teeth and in my gums, trying to defeat me in the opening round....but I persisted and remained strong. Stronger than her at least. She made my gums bleed and made me feel like she was grinding off my teeth.....but I out did her.

Next she took a sharp instrument and started stabbing me and picking my teeth trying to pry them out so that I would snap. Fortunately, my teeth like my mouth and so they were fighting back. After every attempt to dig my teeth out, she relented and put the sharp harpoon-like instrument back into its case.

Then it was time for the slow killer - a grainy like substance that was supposed to seal the deal. It actually tasted quite good - but I suppose that is to fool its prey. After many unsuccessful atempts.....she finally quit. She sprayed water on my teeth and gave me some potion to keep in my mouth for a whole minute - which I did.

And I am here. Alive. With all the teeth I had before - although the are a new color. If you consider white a color.

Until then....same tooth blog, same tooth time....

3 comments:

Steve F. said...

Ah, Drew, you described every single one of my dentist visits, with the exception of the words "didn't taste too bad." I have never found anything in my dentists office that didn't make me want to retch repeatedly. It just sucked.

Of course, I desperately NEED to go to the dentist - but with being only barely back to work, and without any dental insurance, THAT sure as heck isn't going to happen anytime soon.

But it's darn good to know you made it through, brother. If you can make it through a dental cleaning, you can make it through *anything.* (In fact, in the past, when contemplating a particularly nasty church council meeting, some person would ask "how are you doing?" and I'd say, "Well, it's a choice between going to council, or having my teeth cleaned...I can't decide.")

Anonymous said...

IF you think the DENTIST IS BAD....try having a baby!!!!! LOL

Interesting take on your dental exam...funny

Reader Michael said...

Drew,
That was such an awesome descriptive of your visit to the dentist. It makes me want to swear off any medical attention, needed or otherwise.